Just Act NYC participants will meet at the Irondale Center in the BAM Cultural District of Fort Greene, Brooklyn. The Center is a distinctive and flexible space that reflects Irondale’s innovative model—originally a neglected, long-vacant church auditorium, the room has been repurposed as a home for powerful, contemporary theater.
The Center boasts unique touches like original stained glass windows, as well as all the features of a state-of-the-art performance facility:
- Flexible modular theatrical seating for up to 250 people
- 28-foot ceiling and a large balcony surrounding the stage on three sides
- More than 150 lighting instruments with corresponding equipment on a grid system
- A full sound system with both microphones and monitors
- Black and white scrims, heavy white cyclorama, and a moveable curtain-track system
About the Brooklyn Cultural District
Downtown Brooklyn is home to more than 50 world-class cultural organizations that play a central role in the community and economic development of the area.
Your summer with Just Act NYC includes opportunities to actively immerse in this neighborhood full of artists and innovators, a community of mindful and active neighbors. One day a week, you’ll have the chance to explore the neighborhood, have lunch with your friends, and learn why Downtown Brooklyn is the heart of the borough.
Getting to Brooklyn
Not familiar with Brooklyn yet? Not a problem! Learn more about the options for getting to us on our Transportation page.